My teachings focus on the precise inner and outer alignment of postures, combined with the fluidity of Vinyasa - an integration of the traditions of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Iyengar Yoga - watered with sense of humor and love. This, along with the study of pranayama, meditation, Indian philosophy and kirtan, the student experiences a holistic practice that provides support in their day-to-day life.
I started to practice Yoga in 1995 and have been teaching for over a decade. Throughout my years of studying, I came to realize the interdependence of different, yet complementary, schools of Yoga. The insight my mother imparted, that is the core of the teachings of yoga - a path of finding balance, union and realization of our essence – is also a message that echoes through the philosophies of other teacher who have been meaningful to me. The blend of different backgrounds followed by an open-minded view, has inspired me to develop a practice of integration.
I am inspired to develop a practice of integration
Thus, my service as a teacher is to offer:
- The teachings of Yoga, that includes a practice on and off the mat
- Yoga as integration, an intimate experience and source for happiness
- The principles and understanding of precise asana alignment, focusing on the inner and outer form, combined with vinyasa
- The teachings of pranayama as a way to further open up our dimension of reality, heal and reconnect with all beings
- An understanding to the importance of a meditation practice in order to cultivate stability and compassion
- A context of Indian philosophies and its application to one’s life
- The practice of chanting mantras through the enchanted experience of kirtan
I hope to channel what I have learned and contribute to the community by helping practitioners:
- Find more balance in their lives, to quiet the mind and to be more stable
- Develop the space for self-reflection and growth, increase awareness and apply mindfulness to the everyday
- Apply correct alignment in order to safely progress in their asana practice
- Use yoga as a tool for healing and transformation, restructure habits and apply changes
- Develop respect and responsibility for one’s community, to live more consciously and in integration with all beings
- Connect with their hearts, and to develop compassion and acceptance
- Smile and soften
Let’s connect, practice and grow together
To receive updates on my trainings, you are welcome to subscribe to my mailing list. I promise not to bombard your inbox. You can also have a look at the Course page to find different types of trainings I offer on a regular basis. And don’t forget to visit the Calendar to see if there is anything coming up that appeals to you.